Now that I am relatively settled back home, I find myself being a bit of a homebody. I don’t really go out a lot unless it is to go grab some food or something, and since my commute consists of me walking up the stairs and sitting on the couch, I probably should be getting out a bit more. I take the dog for a walk a few days a week, weather permitting, but ultimately it’s just not enough.
That’s why I have decided to try a little experiment if I can drum up some support. My plan is this: for the month of April, I am going to let friends and family set me up on some blind dates. It might be time for me to get back in the thick of things, but it really just might be time for me to just get out of the house and enjoy the company of others for a change.
In order to do this, I’m going to need some help from those that care about me. Since my social circle is limited on day 45 of “Occupy Parent’s Basement,” I need some help meeting some people, specifically those of the female persuasion. I’m not looking for anything long-term at the moment, though the heartless romantic in me does believe in a bit of love at first sight so I’ll keep my options open.
A few rules:
1) I don’t want to go out every night, so please do some culling before setting anything up. I’m looking at maybe 12-15 dates tops during April. Also, interested parties should be located in Utah, though if out-of-state folks within reasonable driving distance think they have a match, I might consider a special trip.
2) As alluded to previously, I’m not yet trying to find the “Next Mrs. Eberhard,” so I don’t really want to meet women who are looking to get married for whatever reason. Again, if a connection is made, great, but I don’t want any potential ladies to have the wrong idea going into this.
3) I trust friends and family alike to set me up with people that would work for me so I’m not going to specifically state what I am looking for, other than to say that I need to be able to have a conversation for at least a couple of hours and that I would prefer someone born after 1976, though bonus points will be awarded for lovely ladies born in the first few years of the 1990s.
4) I would like to write about my experiences, so let them know ahead of time what this is about. I would change names to protect the innocent, but if they are uncomfortable being mentioned anonymously on this here blog, maybe this little experiment is not for them.
5) If you think they are a good match and meet all the other requirements outlined above, I will not say no to the date. I guess that’ll be part of the fun.
That’s about it. I reserve the right to modify any requirements as outlined above over the next 40 days or so. If you think that you might know of a possibility, let me know as soon as possible. I am starting in April to give myself some time to get ready for this experiment, as well as give all of you a chance to reach into your social networks and find some options for me. Happy hunting, and thinks in advance if this actually comes to pass.
Until next time…
P.S. Depending on where you are reading this, feel free to either leave a comment here on the blog or just send me a message on Facebook. Heck, you could even call me on a phone if you have my number.